Comcast Cable is the highest revenue generating Media and Communications Company in the world. The company was founded in 1963 and got its name from the amalgam of the two words Broadcast and Communications. Initially the company only concentrated on its cable systems and with time the company developed into an online extravaganza, offering digital TV, internet and home security services. Despite a slow start, Comcast gained significant motivation after it broadcasted the Winter Olympics of 2010. The wide reach and large audience of the games helped the company to gain popularity and since then there has been no looking back for them. They acquired a majority stack in NBCUniversal in 2011 and then went on to purchase the remaining portion in March, 2013.
Apart from being the leading provider of home security and cable internet, Comcast also holds major shares in subsidiary companies and sports teams Philadelphia Flyers NHL Hockey Team, Philadelphia 76ers NBA Basketball team along with two large multipurpose arenas in Philadelphia. With over 24.1 million customers and 100,000 employees scattered over 40 states and the District of Columbia, Comcast proudly features in the list of top 100 companies of the world. Comcast has recently added the home security feature which is offered to customers falling under its area of operation.
Under the brand name Xfinity, Comcast Cable has grown and included new services such as cable internet access, and digital voice. Further, Comcast is determined to expand it array of operation and explore the possibilities to diversify its internet bandwidth and gain a faster cable internet service with the help of DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem. Xfinity stands for infinite choices in content and features and enabling a cross platform communication. Apart from its reach and popularity among the residential customers, Xfinity also have a sight on small and mid-sized business owners.
Services offered under the Xfinity brand names
1) Xfinity TV
- Unbelievable and stunning ;picture quality
- A HD experience silting on your couch.
- Xfinity on demand function to enhance your experience.
- You can even view live sporting events using the Xfinity On Demand feature.
2) Xfinity Internet
- One of the widely used internet service providers in United States.
- One 19.986 million satisfied customers enjoying its high speed internet facility.
- Dynamic IP and power boost features.
- Fast downloading speed and an excessive capacity of the subscribers’ node.
3) Xfinity Voice
- United States largest telephone service provider.
- Better and reliable way to connect and communicate with your loved ones.
- Best call clarity.
- 3-way calling, Voicemail, call waiting, Caller-ID, and numerous other features.
- An unlimited text and talk plan applicable nationwide available at your discretion.
4) Xfinity Home Security
- 24/7 security monitoring, done with the help of professionals.
- Energy and money saving with the help of advanced security devices.
- Motion sensors, door sensors, wireless keypads, touch screen controller and other security equipment to guard your personnel belongings.
So how do I use the Comcast services?
The Comcast Corporation allows its users the option of managing all the activities of their Comcast account by just a few clicks of the mouse. You can make payments, add a service, remove a service, gain information, contact the highly professional staff members of the Comcast corporation, and all this sitting and relaxing at your home. You just have to visit their website and follow the instructions given there. For those who are more comfortable in personal interaction instead of the one done over internet, the option of visiting the Comcast operational center near you during working hours is always available to you.
- You first need to visit the official online portal of Comcast Corporation and login to the ‘My Account’ section there.
- Enter your details and move on to the next step.
- Once your credentials are checked from the company’s database, all the features and services will be available to you. Information regarding your account and its billing history can be viewed as well.
- If you have any issues with your My Account login, you can contact the staff members of working at the corporation, either by mail or in person. For the smaller issues such as forgetting password and user ID, you can immediately get a new ID on your registered email account and continue using Comcast online services with the new details.