Erie Insurance is a US based insurance company which was founded in 1925. Headquartered in Erie, Pasadena, the company offers a wide range of insurance products including auto insurance, life insurance and home insurance. It has more than 4 million customers across the country. Erie Insurance aims to offer its customers the best possible service and claims that more than 90% of its customers choose to stay with the company.
Bill Payment Options
If you have received your first bill from Erie Insurance, you may want to know your options to pay the bill. Customers can make payments through any of the following ways:
- Online: Erie Insurance customers have the option to pay their bills through the internet. This can be done by through this link: www.erieinsurance.com/MyPolicy-BillPay. You will be required to furnish your policy number, payment information and other personal details to complete the process. The company offers a variety of payment sources like checking account, savings account, credit card, debit card or ATM card. Accepted credit cards include Visa and MasterCard. This is a very simple, fast and secure way through which you can pay your bills whenever you want.
- Direct Debit: Using direct debit, customers can ensure that their monthly bills are always paid on time. By using the ErieExpressPay option, you can set up recurring payments for any insurance policies. You only need to submit a signed authorization form and a two month downpayment to set up this service. Once the process is active, your yearly insurance premium will be spread over a period of 12 months and will be automatically debited from your bank account each and every month. This is the easiest payment option offered by the company since you never have to worry about all the hassles of making payments.
- Phone: You can also pay through phone by calling the company’s automated toll free number at 1-800-387-1492. Payments can be made through a credit card, debit card or checking account. Major credit cards like Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted. Payment through credit card is not accepted in the states of Maryland, New York and North Carolina. You will be charged a convenience fee for this service by the vendor service hosting this option.
- Mail: For those of you who want to pay through checks, you can send in your payments to – Erie Insurance Group, 100 Erie Insurance Place, Erie PA 16530. However, you should remember that in case of any returned check, you may be charged a penalty.
- In Person: You can also pay your bills directly at the company’s home office at Erie, PA. This is a very good payment option if you happen to be around the area.
Remember to pay your bills on time or else you may be charged a late payment penalty. If you need to know more about the various billing and payment options available, you can contact the customer service at 1-800-458-0811. You can also visit the company website at www.erieinsurance.com for more details.